Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, vomiting. Abdominal scan, hepatitis, blood test done. Ursodeoxycholic, Pantocid, Polybion taken. No relief. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My husband is 34 yr old recently due to right abdominal pain and vomiting we visited our general physician and had done a blood test and abdominal scan test in which the highlighted things I mean those were not in the normal range was that it shows his 1) sgot is 57 and sgpt is 102 .
2)haemoglobin is 12.8
(3) RBC count as 4.3 and
4) pcv as 37.8
and also did a scan report is as follows
Liver – Normal In size . Fatty infiltration of liver . The portal and hepatic veins are visualized . There is no evidence of any hepatic biliary dialation . There is no evidence o any focal or diffse mass lesion. The movements of diaphragm are normal. The CBD appear normal
Gall Baldder – the lumen is well visualized. The walls of the gall bladder are not thickened . No abnormal echoes detected
Spleen – shows homogenous echo pattern
Pancreas – the pancreatic echotexture is homogenous. The head, body and tail appear normal
Kidneys – Both kidneys are well visualized . The renal, size and shape and contour are within normal limits.The renel capsule, cortex and sinus are normal . No evidence of hydronephrosis /calculi. Rt kidney = 91*41 mm & Lt Kidney = 105*46mm
Urinary Bladder – is full and normal. No focal lesions , no residue
Prostate – 29*28*31mm-13 gms- Normal
Impression- fatty infiltration of liver
is it XXXXXXX and all What will be the reasons for this and how can i come across it
his father was diabetic and he a non alcoholic and non smoker.
Dr. gave some medicines and asked as to visit him after 5 days

when ever he is having heavy food it is paining in the right abdomen and some times in chest and
On our second visit my general physician told me it would be XXXXXXX and gave me some thing like Ursodeoxy Cholic acid and pantocid and Polybion and asked us to visit after 7 days

And on our 3rd visit dr. asked us to continue the medication for 2 more weeks and to under one more blood test I mean a gamma gt and LFT in which the sgot is 54 and sgpt is 84 now that means ite getting normal na and his Gamma GT is 69
Dr asked us to undergo the Hepatitis test and result is negative and in between we have to travel due to an emergency and he took some oily food and next day his stomach was upset, gad loose motion, vomiting and fever he consulted some doctor and had some medicines
After coming back we went to our physician and again had some test and report is SGPT is 87 and GAMMA GT is 66 he told us to continue my medicines for about 10 days and then to visit him and to do test again and after that if necessary will go for more test like MRI
Now he went for a tour and had biriyani yesterday and again having loose motion and vomiting what might be the reason for this can u help me
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The diagnosis of XXXXXXX looks to be the most likely and probable diagnosis in you.
Broadly speaking there is no proven effective treatment for XXXXXXX
A large number of treatments have been studied while many appear to improve biochemical markers like SGPT,most have not been able to reverse histological abnormalities.
Nutrition counseling is very important and sweets and fats are to be curtailed.
Gradual weight loss may improve the process in obese patients.
Insulin sensitizers like METFORMIN and THIAZOLDINEDIONES have shown efficacy in some studies.
Ursodeoxycholic acid has no role in the treatment of fatty liver while lipid lowering agents are used in the treatment but have shown little benefits

VIT E can improve some symptoms of NASH 
You carry on with your weight loss process along with the medicine prescribed by your doctor.
In case you don't find improvement in 6 to 8 weeks ,you may consult a Gastroenterologist .

As far as diet is concerned you should avoid non vegetarian food
Can take sweets and dairy products,once in a while.
Emphasis is on reduction of triglycerides and weight.
Take plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX vegetables.
Take some almonds daily as it has VIT E in it
Adopt a regular exercise regime.
There is nothing to get worried as these lifestyle changes will bring a lot of good in you as you will not only develop good healthy habits but also help you in keeping diabetes and blood pressure away from you.

As far as diarrhea and vomiting is concerned,this may be due to food poisoning and not necessarily because of hepatitis as you are traveling a lot and there are all the chances to get unhygienic water and food.
If all the dietary precautions and proper exercises are done,you shall be all right soon and there may not be any need for MRI.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Abdominal pain, vomiting. Abdominal scan, hepatitis, blood test done. Ursodeoxycholic, Pantocid, Polybion taken. No relief. Treatment? 9 minutes later
Thanku for the reply doctor but i have a doubt dr. He was having for the past 5 yrs but till now there was no such pblms but now a days it is taking place regularly i mean when ever he takes food from out side he will hav either vomiting or fever or loose motion so little bit worried because he is not able to take anything from outside other than homely food

Will this continue for ever and he won't be able to take any thing from outside because from the previous month onwards this is happening when ever he takes food from restaurants even if it is a cutlet he is having this pblm
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
If your husband gets loose motions and some times vomitings by taking food outside,then it indicates that he may be suffering from chronic amoebiasis because in any other bowel disease he should have had diarrhea otherwise also.
He must be given a course of anti amoebics along with probiotics for at least 2 weeks and wait for the response.
If his symptoms take place again,then a Gastroenterologist may be consulted and investigated for the cause by doing colonoscopy and other relevant tests.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Abdominal pain, vomiting. Abdominal scan, hepatitis, blood test done. Ursodeoxycholic, Pantocid, Polybion taken. No relief. Treatment? 33 minutes later
what do you mean by chronic amoebiasis ans=d colonoscopy can u eplain to me in detail. is it a XXXXXXX situation
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 53 minutes later
Chronic amoebiasis is an infection.
Colonoscopy is the visualization of inside of colon by a colonoscope and it is not XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor