Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, chronic diarrhea, fishy smell from vagina. History of spinal injuries, chronic diarrhea. Is it an STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 158 Questions
Hello I have severe abdominal pain chronic diahorrea and fishy discharge and smell of rotten fish coming from my womb I am frightened it is something serious what should I do? I am frightened it is an STD and has been there for a long time I haven't had sex for 3 years! please advise me what to do?

My age is 41, my height is 5ft 4" and have had history of bipolar affective disorder, spinal injuries and chronic diahorrea for 3 years now..........
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Based on your description it looks like you have some infection in your reproductive organs.

It is good time to consult your Gynecologist and get vaginal discharge culture done and STD tests also.

If your pap smear is not done in last 3 years, get it done. You should also have ultrasound of abdomen to find out the cause of pain and chronic diarrhea under your physician's guidance.

Meanwhile eat healthy food XXXXXXX in XXXXXXX Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor