Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, burning sensation in chest. Help

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 319 Questions
i am facing pain at umblical area and burning sensation in chest.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

You are having pain in umbilical area and burning sensation in chest. I would be able to understand the problem better if you can provide additional details so please do not mind in answering the following questions:

1. Since how long are you having the pain?
2. Is it continuous or intermittent?
3. Is there any other symptom like vomiting, diarrhea, etc?
4. Is there any relation of pain with meals?
5. Do you take any alcohol?

In general such a type of pain is commonly seen because of peptic ulcer or condition known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). I would advise you to get the following investigations done (if it is not been done yet)
1. An ECG
2. An ultrasound of the abdomen
3. Serum amylase / Serum lipase (blood tests)

These tests would easily be available nearby. In the meanwhile I would advise you to take a 'proton pump inhibitor' which can be prescribed to you by your family doctor or any nearby doctor. It is also advisable to be checked up by a nearby doctor for a physical examination as soon as possible.

Revert back with the results of the reports.

If the pain is not relived even by the drug I would suggest you to consult a nearest gastroenterologist for an upper GI endoscopy by which we can have a look at the inside of you abdomen and see for any ulcer or gastric erosion.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Dr. Om Lakhani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor