Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, burning chest

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12677 Questions
Have pain around belt line..have severe bloating..constipation and my arms burn&chest too like fire
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Bloating and constipation are interrelated problems.Due to the bloating it is common to have a pain around the belt line. None of the drugs that you are taking are likely to cause a pain abdomen although some constipation may be seen in some subjects. Changing the antibiotic for prostatitis will not help in these symptoms.
To combat your problem be careful not to take a pain killer as it might aggravate the pain abdomen. To have some relief you need to take plenty of fibres as supplements or in your diet. In addition to it you can do some simple measures like-
1. Drink a glass of water before going to toilet. This will help in the increasing the bowel movements as well as compensate for the water loss from body decreasing the dizzyness.
2.Take probiotics- lactobacillus acidophillus spores.
3. Do acupressure-The point is at the highest spot of the muscle between the thumb and index finger when they are brought close together. With your thumb or middle finger at a 90 degree angle to the skin, apply gradually increasing pressure. Hold for three minutes. The pressure should not be painful or uncomfortable.
4.Take magnesium supplements or magnesium XXXXXXX foods like XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
5. Engage in regular physical activity. Not getting enough physical activity can lead to constipation.
6.Don't put off the urge. The longer you delay when the urge to have a bowel movement strikes, the more water gets absorbed from stool and the harder it becomes to have a bowel movement.

If the above measures do not help, it warrants a treatment under doctor's care.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor