Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, bloating, Upper GI endoscopy suggestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 65 Questions
I am experiencing bloating when hungry and after eating regardless of the volume of the meal for more than 3 weeks already. It usually happens before/after lunch and before/after dinner. Then just 2 days ago, 1 hr after my dinner, I suddenly experienced pain in the upper part of my stomach and in my back. What do you think is the problem? Accdg. to the doctor, there was no problem with my blood and ultrasound test aside from the abnormal movement of my stomach.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 16 hours later
Thanks for posting your query .

The symptoms you described can occur in following conditions:
. Gastric or duodenal ulcer
. Gastric dysmotility .
. Malignancy
. Giardia infection
. Metabolic abnormality like diabetes, hypothyroidism
If there is no other symptoms (like normal motions, menses and no fever), I would suggest upper gastrointenstinal endoscopy . This is important as you had anemia.

Kindly consult your doctor and discuss these possibilities .

Hope i have answered your query. I will be available for follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor