Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain and fever. Suspected to have endometriosis. Treatment to be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Ongoing Abdominal pain now feverI have had severe lower abdominal pain for
several weeks now and I have seen multiple doctors and they think it's endometriosis. I have a diagnostic laparoscopy scheduled for a week and a half from now. But the pain is getting worse, I am developing fever, body ache and chills. My doctor said there is nothing else she can do except to give me pain meds until surgery. I am miserable. She suggested going to rhe ER if I am concerned but I have been there twice and my fever is low grade right now so I don't know if I should go there or not? What do I do?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I read your query and I understand your concerns. It is right to have laparoscopy for suspected endometriosis. But the chronic fever and chills you are suffering needs to be diagnosed before going to laparoscopy. Hence i suggest you go to ER and get evaluated for fever.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor