Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Abdominal and testicle pain after vigorous exercise. Is it hernia or testicular torsion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
I recently exercised vigorously (Crossfit) and now I have a dull aching pain in my lower abdomen and testicle. I'm concerned it may be hernia, testicular torsion - or nothing?

I guess I need to know if I should head to an urgent care clinic to 11:35PM or wait until tomorrow morning to see my GP.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I suggest you should get checked immediately by general surgeon. You need to undergo a physical examination to rule out both hernia as well as torsion and at the same time to find the cause of abdominal pain. Please go the emergency room right away as we could be possibly looking at an untreated emergency.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor