A small pinprick-like spot on the top of my foot

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
A small pinprick-like spot on the top of my foot (insect bite?) about 2 weeks ago eventually developed a small round black scab, which I noticed 5-6 days ago. Picked it off. Another appeared. Peroxide two days ago produced foaming & small amount of blood. There is a small, irregular blackened area emanating from it. Is it likely to clear up on its own? How long should I give it?
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload an image of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow-up: A small pinprick-like spot on the top of my foot 41 hours later
I uploaded two pictures yesterday. What do you think?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Images not received

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Unfortunately I have not received any images.
I request you to kindly upload the images again in "Reports Section".
You may also mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as 'Attention :Dr. Kakkar'.
Kindly contact customer care service of HealthcareMagic for any assistance.

Follow-up: A small pinprick-like spot on the top of my foot 16 hours later
Images from Jewhipple.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
The darkened area around the scab is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It will resolve gradually in 3-4 weeks after the wound and inflammation resolves. I suggest you to apply a topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment(triple antibiotic) or Mupirocin 2 % ointment, twice daily for the eroded/scabbed area. I also suggest you to take an oral Vitamin C supplement daily as it would help resolve the pigmentation faster.