Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

A small crater like sore spot in far upper right gum. What to do ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 2416 Questions
I have a sore spot in my far upper right gum (above the teeth gum.) I just discovered that its actually a small crater like hole. about the size of pen point. I've had a sore thoat for the last few days and that spot has been very sore for about 5 days. It is not a canker sore as I get those all the time and this one goes in not out.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.

From the photo you have posted it seems you are having a ulcer in mouth and it is due to fungal infection (candida ablicans is the orgnism).

For treatment you need to apply a oral gel/liquid containing Clotrimazole 1% (Candid mouth paint).
It is better to take tablet of multivitamin with lactobacillus and folic acid along with the oral application.

If the infection is recurring frequently you can take a oral antifungals.

As for sore throat I guess you are taking treatment from your doctor.

Hope this answer is helpful.

Please accept this answer if you don't have any queries.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor