A few months ago I got an infection on my

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Tue, 5 Mar 2019 in Lump
Question: A few months ago I got an infection on my finger caused by an older lint brush. I was given antibiotics and it got better. I do still have sharp pains on the tip of my finger (ex-ray showed nothing). Also have bumps and extreme dryness on some fingers which they gave me betamethasone cream. I also seem to be experiencing some loss strength in my arm. Never have had anything like this. Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably side effects of the finger infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your concern.

The symptoms seem to be related to the finger infection that you had a few months ago.

Finger infections can cause problems that persist even after the infection has resolved, such as stiffness and loss of strength.

I suggest you to use anti-inflammatory medication to treat the pain such as Naproxen 500 mg three tablets a day.

In my opinion, the dryness is not related to the finger infection.

It is probably a hand eczema which can be treated with Betamethasone cream.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T