99 year old mother fell and hit the back of
Probably no need to call 911, I recommend to monitor her for new symptoms.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I'm sorry for your mother's accident.
Head trauma is a common concern in elderly.
You should not be worried about the lump, it is as normal as it can be.
Scalp have a high blood supply, and injury to these areas often results in bruising or swelling.
In your mother case the injury seems mild, so there is no need to call 911.
If she develops other symptoms such as:
bleeding or clear fluid from the mouth, nose or ear.
pupils of unequal size.
you should call 911 for further evaluation.
Meanwhile, I recommend using anti-inflammatory medication in case of pain such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I also recommend using cold compresses at the area to reduce the swelling.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?