Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

9 year old child is having high cholesterol. What precaution and cure should I take?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
Hi Dr. my 9 years old daughter exercise daily for fitness and swimming we made a blood test usually every 3 month because she has high cholesterol 180 to 200 , this time we made other tests and here is some results that is higher then the range. c k total 443 bilirubin direct 0.11 s g o t 38.

what is your opinion ? thanks.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

As you mentioned that your daughter has high cholesterol, there can be a number of reasons for it. She is doing the right thing of following a daily exercise regimen. However, the following inputs would help in guiding you further:
1. Her height and weight
2. Any family history of high cholesterol/lipids
3. Any family history of diabetes, hypertension
4. Detailed dietary history

The direct bilirubin and SGOT seems normal range. They are not higher and are you speaking about different units? It would be good if you can expand what is C K total and write down the units as well. The range vary with units.

The best course would be to consult your doctor who shall guide you. In case dietary modification does not work then medication shall have to be given to control the high cholesterol.

I hope I have answered your concerns.

Wishing your daughter all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor