9 month old suffering from vomiting. What is causing this?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Question: My daughter who is 9 just threw up a small very thick substance. She wasn't sweaty or clammy like hen you regularly throw up. What is this?
Vomit looked like oatmeal. Only about 3T worth. Regular color. She ate nothing out of ordinary. Cereal, French fries.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 39 minutes later

It can probably be a mixture of altered food, mucus and gastric acid. If she doesn't have any symptoms now and tolerates food well then there is nothing to worry about. She will need medical attention if vomiting recurs and she isn't tolerating food.

Hope this answers your answer. I will be available for further assistance if need be.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad