9 Month Child Consumed Dettol. What Are The Risks?
Dettol is a powerful corrosive household agent and can potentially cause alot of problems if alot of it is taken.
In some persons, and hopefully in your baby, there can be no problems.
Some of the possible problems would be nausea, vomiting,sore mouth and throat,hoarse voice, abdominal pain. In some people it can cause a drop in blood pressure, it can also be aspirated into the lung and cause pneumonia.
Most of the symptoms are due to the corrosive action in the mouth and in the gastrointestinal tract.
It can also cause obstruction of the upper airway which can occur up to two days after ingestion.
You need to consider taking your baby to the doctor as soon as possible for an assessment.
The doctor may suggest admission to a hospital for observation, they are making sure that his airway does not block up.
He may be perfectly ok and have no complications as a result of the ingestion but it is best to make sure especially since he is so young.
I hope this helps and that everything works out ok, feel free to ask any other questions
Normally persons who ingest dettol are simply observed in a hospital setting for any problems.It is good that he has no symptoms or any problems since the ingestion.
Because of his age though,it is still best that you take him to his doctor for a check up just to make sure that there are no underlying issues.
Feel free to ask anything else