Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

71 year old male, sudden and heavy nose bleeds, severe weight loss, losing voice, fatigue. Causes for symptoms ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 598 Questions
hi my father is 71yrs & previous been very hearty & robust but started having sudden and very heavy nose bleeds for 2 months now and has lost about 10kilos, is weak with fatigue & is now losing his voice. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 31 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Considering the history of old age, epistaxis (nose bleed) since 2 months, weight loss & loss of voice, your father needs an immediate ENT specialist consultation and further investigations like rhinoscopy, laryngoscopy , X-ray paranasal sinus (PNS) & if required CT scan PNS. He needs to be clinically examined in detail to rule out some important causes including trauma, infection and malignancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your further queries, if any.

I wish your father a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor