Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

70 years old. Facing erectile dysfunction and lack of ejaculation. What's going on?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I am a 70 yr old male in good health and weight. I have been seeing a lady within whom our sexual activity is nothing short of fantastic. How ever after many wonderful love making sessions, I have failed to ejaculate. It is becoming a frustration for both of us. I've had this happen on a few occasions but never this long.
What's going on?
Also have some ED.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
It could actually be frustrating at times, that I totally agree with you. Ejaculation characterizes the peak of sexual excitement or organism. The quality and frequency of ejaculations depends on the quality of sexual activity. It could be a bit difficult to ascribe all these to the medications considering the clinical evolution and setting of the symptoms. This means the intensity of the excitement, Sexually activity has much to do with psychological state. It is important to try to recall whether you have gone through any psychological trauma these days, or are suffering from any thing that is depressing you. Secondly, pre sexual excitement are very important in the quality of the sexual excitement, it is also worth knowing whether the amount of time maybe caressing your selves or kissing or engaging in any other usual pre penetration act has reduced, this could be a second factor. The more the frequency of sex you have, the lesser the quantity of sperm or ejaculate you might notice. This might not necessarily mean you never had an ejaculation. If the frequency of sex had increased lately, its all but normal to have such a feeling.
Considering that all the above possibilities are excluded, there are rare causes of failure to ejaculate, such as a blockage in the tube that permits passage of sperm to the urethra and out, this could be at any level, up in the epididymis, urethra or other. In your case, this could really be very unlikely.
I would advise to reconsider the quality of sex, build up a good psychological state before having sex, evaluate and decide whether the love you got for your partner hasn t changed, do enough pre penetration activity or excitement acts before penetration and you might decide to send a few days without having sex, then have sex later and evaluate the quantity of sperm.
If after this nothing changes, it could worth meeting a urologist or an XXXXXXX
Thanks as I hope this helps. Will be honored answering further questions if any,
Best Regards,
Luchuo, MD,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor