Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

7 years old diagonised with parkes weber syndrome. How bad it is? Need surgery?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 379 Questions
My nephew had been diagnoses with parkes weber syndrome he is 7 years old , one of his leg is larger than the other no blood stains only it looks more red XXXXXXX the other , i want to know how bad is this illness ? does any other children had been cured completely from it or there is only a life time treatment and thats it ? is surgery is a solution? please advice ..
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 5 hours later
This is a rare condiiton… is genetic and has propensity to grow…
Now it only is more red looking but its better to control the vscular communication before it creates life threatening problems.
There can be permanent solution depending on severity of comunication and blood flow…
…already limb is larger in size…… may grow more n get complicated…
Apart from surgery… intervention therapy through catheter may also help in select cases…
If possible please detail me doppler report.
Hope this answers your query… call back if any further issues.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Genetics Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor