question-icon

69/F. I have undergone right breast lumpectomy in 1991. Does

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018
Question: 69/F. I have undergone right breast lumpectomy in 1991. Does not have documents. in 2017 I did Mammography shows Coarse Calcification & BIRADS 2 Category.
Please let us know Prognosis, Treatment (Surgical or Conservative), Chances of Recurrence
Answered by Dr. Monish De (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Prognosis is very good with cure rate of 75%

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have gone through your mammography report.

After hearing your history and since your mammography report is showing coarse calcification and BIRADS 2 category it is a benign condition.

You do not need to worry.

You just need to do routine bilateral mammography test and blood test for breast tumour marker CA 15.3 every 6 monthly.

Prognosis is very good with cure rate of 75%.

No treatment required at this moment.

Chances of recurrence is only 10%

Dr Monish De

Oncologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist