Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

65 years old. Suggest medicine for acidity problem

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
i am 65 yr old male and have a gas and aciditiy problem since 8 yrs pls advise me medicines.
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Such symptoms may be caused by a variety of diseases like...
1. Ulcer in the stomach/ duodenum.
2. Inflammation of the stomach or the duodenum.
3. Stones in the gall bladder.
4. Reflux esophagitis ( reflux of gastric juice back into the food tube)
5. Hiatus hernia ( protrusion of part of the stomach into the thoracic cavity)
6. Recurrent appendicitis.
Please consult a gastro-enterologist (medical/surgical) to get examined, evaluated to do the needful.
Most probably you need to undergo ultrasound scan and endoscopy to come to a diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to write back for doubts if any,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor