65 years old. Suggest medicine for acidity problem

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i am 65 yr old male and have a gas and aciditiy problem since 8 yrs pls advise me medicines.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Such symptoms may be caused by a variety of diseases like...
1. Ulcer in the stomach/ duodenum.
2. Inflammation of the stomach or the duodenum.
3. Stones in the gall bladder.
4. Reflux esophagitis ( reflux of gastric juice back into the food tube)
5. Hiatus hernia ( protrusion of part of the stomach into the thoracic cavity)
6. Recurrent appendicitis.
Please consult a gastro-enterologist (medical/surgical) to get examined, evaluated to do the needful.
Most probably you need to undergo ultrasound scan and endoscopy to come to a diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to write back for doubts if any,
DR GS