Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

60 years old. Noticed painless swelling on sides of neck. What's going on?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10450 Questions
yes i am a 60 year old woman.. today I noticed a little puffiness like swelling on both sides of my neck.. right above my colarbone.. no knots.. no pain
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The mild puffiness like swelling near your neck with no palpable knots or lumps is likely to be due to a generalized problem like anaemia, fluid overload, thyroid hormone imbalances, cardiac causes, hypertension, excessive pain killers intake, renal problems, etc. A detailed physical examination and a few blood tests are required to detect the exact cause.
Please do consider visiting your physician for proper treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor