60 y/o male with a lumbar puncture 13 days ago
I think not a reason to be worried about.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor " service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
Only soreness in the area of insertion site is acceptable after lumbar puncture and I think that you have nothing to worry about.
It is a minor adverse effect and should subside gradually.
Simple painkillers such ibuprofen may be required for a couple of days if the discomfort is bothering significantly.
You should be aware of any headaches especially after getting up, in such case you should see your Doctor, this for about one week period.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
There are no serious complications in your case.
Hematoma or abscess are serious conditions or complications and can't pass without noticing them.
These may happen very rarely and symptoms related to them result in moderate to severe headaches, limbs paralysis, lethargy, fever, etc., so, it is not your case.
Pain in lower back and hamstring after you stretch your muscles is most likely caused by inflamed muscles coverings ( fascia ) and should subside in a couple of weeks gradually.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss with me if you have further questions.
Diamox seems inappropriate in your case.
Diamox may help in cases of increased intracranial pressure, so, if there was no increase in intracranial pressure, it isn't necessary to use it.
Furthermore, you experienced adverse effects.
I think that a correct diagnosis about the cause of headaches should be achieved first.
Discuss with your Neurologist for these issues.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?