Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

58 years old. Why am I having pain in upper thigh?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
i am having pain in my upper right thigh, like a menstual cramp. I am 58 and post menepausel
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Post menopausal problem for a female are most likely bony or muscular in origin.

I would like to know some more information about your condition to understand your problem better and advice you specifically.

Is the pain in the lower abdomen or thigh proper ?
Did you have any sort of trauma to the affected area ?
Is the pain intermittent, does it follow any pattern ?
Does pain come at specific time of the day ?
When and why was the right ovary removed?
Have you tried any medication for the pain, did you find any relief?

Waiting for the response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 58 years old. Why am I having pain in upper thigh? 1 hour later
pain is in my lower abdomen; no trauma; pain is intermittent, no specific time; my right ovary was removed in 1999 because of a large mass attached to it. I take Tylenol for pain. I also have lower back pain, especially in the morning. And I have to pee at least fifteen times a day, with sudden urgency. I pee a normal amount each time and my pee is usually light yellow.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on the description provided I suspect either of two possibilities to be the cause for your problem.

Since you have pain abdomen associated with increased urination one of the possibility could be cystitis (urinary bladder infection). The other possibility could be adhesions formed due to surgery involving removal of the ovary.

I suggest you to get the tests like Urine microscopy and an Ultrasound scan of abdomen pelvis.These tests will identify the exact cause of your problem and help to formulate a specific management.Do discuss about the same with your treating doctor.

Hope I answered your query.Please do ask doubts, if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor