56 yr old female; pain where leg meets pubic area/groin;
Detailed answer below
Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor' service.
Thigh pain worse on movements, as it is happening in your case with squatting, is most likely due to muscles.
The fact that it first started after some physical activity supports this diagnosis as well. Sometimes tendinitis can develop as well if repeated movements cause friction of the muscle ends (tendinitis) with bones. To help with both these conditions you may use Acetaminophen (Tylenol) 500mg every 6 hours after food and Ibuprofen 800mg SOS (not more than three times daily for the nxt 2-3 days) after some food.
To help release pain quicker and prevent the pain from coming back, you might need some physiotherapy. The physiotherapist identifies the weak muscles and gives you exercises to help strengthen them. The physiotherapist will also help tight muscles relax and be less painful.
- Take Tylenol and Ibuprofen SOS as explained above to help with pain
- Meanwhile, try to set an appointment with a physiotherapist to help with quicker relief and strengthening of muscles to prevent recurrence of the problem.
I hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?