56 years old. Endometrial biopsy showed inactive endometrial cells. What does this mean?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hi
I am 56 years old and my last period was 2 years ago. I have had abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, cramps, thick lining and history of a large fibroid. I had an endometrial biopsy with the results stating inactive endometrial cells. Not meeting with the doctor for 2 weeks. What do the results mean?
Thank You,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Inactive endometrial cells means that the endometrium does not show any active proliferation. This is suggestive of the post menopausal phase and rules out any endometrial pathology.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.