54 yr old male. Family history of heart disease .
After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern and I would like to tell you that although the swelling which has developed in your ankles could be because of prolonged walk which your body is not acclimatised to do but as there is a family history of heart disease and your cholesterol levels are also slightly towards the higher side and Keeping into consideration your age group it’s highly advisable to get a basic cardiac checkup done.
In my opinion you should not ignore the symptoms and consult a cardiologist are your primary physician As early as possible and get an eco-cardiography as well as a stress test done to unmask any underlying coronary artery disease.
I hope this information will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu Partap
It’s good to hear that all your reports came back normal. Yes precaution is always better than cure.
Just maintain healthy lifestyle routine and if possible get an echocardiography done sometimes.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?