53 year old female.With Downs syndrome. Lethargic, hand tremors ,
Feel we should take her to ER. These symptoms are new developments in her health. Seems to imply some underlying undiagnosed condition...
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
I would agree that it sounds like she should be taken to the ER. With lethargy and possible fever, she may have a dangerous infection causing sepsis, for which she should be evaluated right away. Regardless, she should have her blood tested, and if it shows signs of an infection, antibiotics would need to be started quickly.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to discuss it further with you, but based on what you have said, I think it would be best to get her evaluated as soon as possible.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining