Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

50 years old. Suffering from itchy scrotum, erectile dysfunction and hair stopped growing on leg. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
itchy scrotum, erectile dysfunction for 12 years and hair stopped growing on lower legs in 50 year old male.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 49 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The most common cause of itchy scrotum is fungal infection. It typically involves creases of groin and lateral walls of scrotum. The area is usually red.

You can apply Surfaz-SN/Quadriderm ointment twice daily (after bath & before going to bed).

If there is no improvement, please consult a Skin specialist in person for examination, diagnosis and treatment.

If skin of your legs is dry and cold, cessation of hair growth can be due to atherosclerosis in the arteries of lower leg. It also requires examination by Skin specialist.

You should get Blood Sugar (F & PP), Serum Testosterone and Thyroid (T3,T4&TSH) tests done, and contact physician in case of abnormal reports.

Regular exercise, particularly aerobic exercise will improve erection of your penis.

If reports are normal and there is no improvement your physician can prescribe PDE5 inhibitor group of drugs.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor