Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

50 years old. Suffering from erectile dysfunction and white discharge. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
My husband is in his 50s he is leeking a white fluidew
what can this be he is finding it hard to keep an
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I will certainly guide you regarding your husband's problem. In order to understand the problem better, can you please provide the following clarifications:

How hong has he been having this problem?

When does this leaking of fluid happen (when he is sexually aroused or only at nights when he is sleeping or when he is awake)?

Does he have any burning or painful urination or passing cloudy or turbid urine?

Does he have any urinary symptoms such as incontinence (inability to hold his urine), straining to pass urine, dribbling of urine or incomplete evacuation?

How significant is his erection difficulty?

Does he have any other medical problems or is he on any treatment recently?

Does he smoke or consume alcohol often?

Kindly get back to me with these clarification so that I will be able to guide to better.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 50 years old. Suffering from erectile dysfunction and white discharge. What should be done? 2 days later
About 6 months or so. When hes awak. e without an erection. . no. no. He cam get one. but it is not as hard as it used to be. . but gose soft quickly. no. he as a few cams of lager on a saturday night.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 17 hours later
Hello again and thaks for the clarifications.

The most probable cause of this whitish discharge from the penis is a prostatitis (infection of the prostate gland) or urethritis (infection of the urethra). He will need to have a urine / semen culture test done to confirm this. Further treatment will be with appropriate antibiotics for a minimum of 5 to 7 days.

Regarding his erection problem, the first step would be a proper medical evaluation to rule out any underlying medical problems which could be causing this problem. For example, certain medical conditions like diabetes, vascular diseases, hormonal disorders, etc. can result in poor erection. So, he may need to have certain tests to check for such problems and if there are any, then those problems have to be first treated. There are certain medication which improve the blood flow to the penis and promote better erection, such as Sildenafil, Vardenafil and Tadalafil. These medication can also be tried after consulting a doctor.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor