5 year old took primolut n pill. Any side effect?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, My 5 year old son took Primolut N pill by mistake one hour ago, we tried for vomiting with no success, help
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
Primolut tablets are hormonal contraceptives. It contains nor ethisterone hormone. It is a hormone which is normally secreted in the body. So, it will not act as poison or foreign material.
Single dose tablets is very unlikely to cause any side effects. If your son is having problem of migraine or vision issues then keep a close watch.
Don't force him to vomit. It must have passed the stomach. Only if he feels severe headache or blurring of vision then consult your physician. Otherwise there is nothing to be worried about.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concerns please let me know.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 days later
Thank you doctor,

He seems to be ok, he has got fever last night, which may be viral and not related to this. I hope I am right here.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 54 minutes later
You are correct and fever may be viral. It is not related to previous event.

If fever subsides with antipyretic then no need to worry. Please consider consulting a pediatrician if fever persist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad