5 year child suffering from anaemia, dark circles around eye. Not cured by medicine. What to do?
Thanks for writing in.
Given your daughter's symptoms, I would definitely be concerned. we are definitely looking at anemia but the cause needs to be ascertained in a 5 year old. Frequent infection could also be suggestive of a weak immune system due to poor eating habits or some other problem, maybe in the bone marrow. In order to help you better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. Has a complete blood count been done for you daughter? Has any other investigation been done? Can you please upload the reports?
b. Does she eat well?
c. Has she been bruising or bleeding excessively?
d. Is there anything else that you think is significant and you'd like to mention?
e. What is her height and weight?
Awaiting your reply
Thanks for writing back.
If she is eating properly, there is no reason she should be anemic. I think she should have a complete blood count first. If the high white cell counts and anemia persists, we should be looking for a bone marrow aspiration for her. Please see another physician. I dont think we're looking at simple iron deficiency in her. While her height and weight is normal for her age, she definitely needs a workup.
Please see another pediatrician immediately. Once you have the reports, I'd be happy to discuss them on this forum.
Let me know if you need any more help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dark circles around my 5 year old childs eyes
- What is the cure for dark circles and tanning
- Dark circles around the eyes cure
- Suggest medicines for dark circles under eyes
- 19 years old what is causing dark circles under eyes
- Adderall cure dark circles under your eyes
- Child dark circles under eyes upset stomach
- Medicine to reduce dark circles
- What causes a child to have dark circles under the eyes
- Unani medicine for dark circle under eyes
- How to improve retinal health? Suffering from floaters and difficulty...
- Sore throat, pain in waist, spine and neck that causes headache, bump in...
- Men's sexual problems, suffering from erectile dysfunction. Treatment...
- Dandruff, hair fall, hair problems. Solutions and suggestions?
- Suffering with ulcerated colitis, sharp stabbing abdominal pain, pulling...
- Have had multiple sex partners. Now have blisters in mouth, yeast...
- White clumps after sex, have Bacterial vaginosis, taking flagyl, used...
- Neck pain and swelling, fingers and toes swollen, taking thyroid...
- Chest tingling, collapsing, attack lasts for few minutes, tightening...
- Sciatica pain, done physiotherapy and bed rest. Now feeling back pain....