Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

5 year child having fever and stomch pain. Urine test done. What does the report says?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 442 Questions
my 5 year old son has feaverand stomch pain
urine culture report says albuminp;f trace.
he is taken zenflox -100dt.
what does this report says
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 7 hours later
Thanks for posting query.
Your child urine report says there is trace of albumin (protein) present in urine.
The trace of albumin is not necessarily a sign of damage to kidney so don't worry., A transient leakiness in the kidney’s membrane can occur for several reasons such as fever, dehydration, Exposure to excessive heat or cold, etc.
As your child also has a stomach pain so probably it is a case of urinary tract infection (UTI).
Please attach the whole urine routine examination report particularly I have to see for pus cell.
Based on routine urine examination report you may have to do urine for culture sensitivity reports, blood for serum urea & creatinine (to see any sign of kidney damage).
Follow these general principals-
a.     General measures like intake of large amounts of fluids and empty the bladder frequently to prevent stasis of urine.
b.     Antibiotics (zenflox-100 dt) treatment should be usually continued for 7-10 days.
c.     An ultrasound abdomen is done to rule out any urological anomalies.

Consult your physician, tests to be done and treatment to be given based on his advice.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
if you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review for me.
Wish your child a speedy recovery.
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor