5 weeks pregnant. Experiencing periodic pain and constipation. What are the risks?
The least likely possibility based on what you are describing is a miscarriage because of the absence of significant cramping. The other possibilities include:
1. Implantation bleeding related to a normal pregnancy
2. An Ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy in a tube)
This is important to sort out. While it is too early to see a heart beat on ultrasound, you CAN see a sac in the uterus or not. Call your doctor and get into clinic as soon as possible to sort this out! In all likelihood this is normal, but it should not wait beyond tomorrow!
I hope this helps and good luck!!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 38 weeks pregnant and constipated
- 19 weeks pregnant constipation
- 39 weeks pregnant and constipated
- Constipation at 33 weeks pregnant
- 33 weeks pregnant painfully constipated
- Constipation 4 weeks pregnant
- 31 weeks pregnant constipation
- 40 weeks pregnant and constipation
- 37 weeks pregnant and constipated
- 15 weeks pregnant and constipated