Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

47 years old. History of miscarriage. Chances of getting pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I have a XXXXXXX system that have been barren for 14yrs now.she had mis-carriage two times last year,doc is there possibility she can still have baby despite she 47yrs now?Medical result few years ago shows her husband semen is not strong enough to fertilize woman ovary.Now,what treatment or medication would refer me to buy for her husband?what solution and advice will u give me concerning her condition.I love my sister and i wish she can have baby of her own,her cries and pains everyday i do feel.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 days later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand the problem your sister is going through. I am sorry about it. I will answer the question in detail. Please read carefully:

1) Your sister is 47 years old means she has almost reached the end of her fertility potential. Hence I advice following blood tests to estimate the future possibility of conception: FSH, LH, AMH. These 3 blood tests to be done on second or third day of menstrual cycle. These will tell me status of the ovarian reserve and possibility of conception by IVF.

2) Her husband's semen parameters are not mentioned in your report. Kindly email me the details so that I can suggest a remedy. If you are planning for IVF as a method of pregnancy for the couple, even bad sperms are present in her husband. So, IVF would be an ideal option in view of the age and semen analysis of husband provided above investigations of the lady are fine.

3) Please get back to me with the above reports which will help me to advice accurate treatment based on the reports.

Please get back to me with reports.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor