40 years old. Is it possible to increase height?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: i am 40 .short need to be taller
if you have it my life will change
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
By this time, i guess you would have done some research in the internet about the question that you have raised.
Generally height increase stops between 18 and 25 years of age.
Also, due to bone loss and osteoporosis, unfortunately height starts decreasing very marginally after the age of 40 years.
So even though it may not be possible to increase the height, YOU CAN APPEAR TALLER by certain methods like use of high heels, upright posture and vertically lined dress.
Hope this helps, kindly do not hesitate to write back for doubts if any.
Dr GS

Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Thank you .Please if you get anything new tell me anytime
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 13 minutes later
Hi
Welcome back. Definitely yes.
Thanks for your understanding.
DR GS