4 month old having white sticky vaginal discharge. Is it normal?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Question: my 4 month old baby is alzays passing white sticky mucus on her vaginal area.

ls it normal for kids that age to eat at night
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 22 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

A 4 month old baby, white sticky mucus at vaginal area is normal.

Check if the baby develops blisters, rash or curdy like discharge over the area. In such a case she requires a local antifungal cream. Diaper rash, Candidiasis should be thought off.

Wipe off the white sticky mucus with a clean and soft cotton, keep the area clean. The mother should be more hygienic while handling the kid.

Kids of this age need only breast milk, it is on demand at any time during 24 hours. Did you start weaning your kid? If so, ensure balanced nutrients.

Hope this answers.