Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

39 years old, high blood pressure. On AMTAS-AT tablets. Permanent solution for high BP?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10441 Questions
Sir,I am 39 yrs old.I have high blood pressure from past 1 year.My docotor prescribed me AMTAS-AT 50 mg tablet.I am taking it regularly but its don't control my bp.Please tell me the parmanent solution.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
To control your raised blood pressure levels, regular and appropriate treatment is needed. If your blood pressure is not controlled adequately by Amtas-AT 50 mg then the dose needs to be revised or an additional drug needs to be added. There is no permanent solution of this problem. Regular monitoring is needed while taking the treatment and doses need to be revised.
You must consult your physician for appropriate treatment.
Reducing fatty foods, salt and increasing citrus fruits,garlic,fish ,brown rice in your diet helps.Also avoid smoking , alcohol and stress.Try yoga, meditation and reduce your weight to lower your blood pressure.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor