Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

39 years old. Trying to impregnate my wife. Medicine to improve sperm count and erection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
Hi, I am male of 39 years and want to concive my wife.
1. I doubt at this age my sperm would be healthy (having good count). What medicine you would prescribe me for me for better sperm count and healthy sperm.
2. I also have erection problem started recently due to daily masturbation. what would u prescribe me for good erection.
3. Also due to stress and mental pressure, I have not been able to get sexual desires, what would you suggest me for it?
4. What sex position is best for conceiving? and whats the best time to have sex to get conceive (as per my monthly cycle)
I am from Western part of India.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 51 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

1. Sperm count at your age should be of concern. However, obesity decrease both quantity and quality of sperm. Therefore i recommend you to reduce your weight.

2. Erection problem could be due due some medical disorder like diabetes. I suggest you to XXXXXXX an XXXXXXX to identify underlying cause for erection problem.

3. I suggest you to inculcate antistress measures like yoga and XXXXXXX breathing,healthy diet and moderate exercise .

4. Any sex position which allows male sperm to be deposited as near to the female cervix as possible will do.
Chances of conceiving is best at the time of ovulation of your wife. Ovulation occurs on 14th day of cycle. Therefore i suggest you to keep trying from 8th to 21st day. Studies shows alternate day intercourse increases the chance of conception . This reduces the stress on both the partners.

Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 39 years old. Trying to impregnate my wife. Medicine to improve sperm count and erection? 30 hours later
Thanks Doctor for responding me,but I am already aware for this solution and instead this if very much generic and not specific. I would appreciate if you can prescribe me medicine. I can also Google out medicines but I don't want to be self doctor and would like to consult doctor and get prescribed appropriate medicine.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 7 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

You can use sildenafil group of drugs for erection problem. But it has to be used under supervised guidance of a physician. So i suggest you to XXXXXXX your doctor for prescription.

Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor