35 year old male threw up the morning after approximately
Does not seem to be any thing of great concern.
Hi and Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor' service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Your concern is right but I understand nothing sounds serious enough, rather little gastric irritation causes by the beers..
Blood from the stomach is most of the times fresh red. Though dark coffee ground may be blood but less likely in an otherwise healthy individual.
So if you had not been having pain in stomach for long, or any previous history of bleeding, or black stool then I don't think any thing is serious to warrant urgent labs.. These all seems to be effects of the beers along with coffee.
The pressure and gas in upper tummy may indicate the little irritation of stomach by the beer, or may well be the hang over effects.
I would suggest to take care with your foods, avoid to much smoking, alcohol and spicy foods. Use some over the counter ants acids like syrup gaviscon 3 times for few days and cap omeprazole 40 mg once for 2 week.
I hope every thing is fine.
However if you have any firther episode of dark vomiting, fresh blood, or black stool, then you may need to see your doc. But I hope you won't need that. Just be careful with your diets.
Hope this help your understand your querry. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns.
Kind Regards Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol