Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

31 years old. Have less desire for sex. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 127 Questions
Hi, I'm 31 yrs old female and have a 2 yr old kid. My problem is I don't feel aroused unless mastrubated. The sexual feelings have completely reduced after delivery. I still don't have any feelings around my breasts. I don't feel like them to be touched. My kid still nurses to sleep. I also don't feel satisfied during intercourse. But. Feel satisfied in the vaginal area by oral sex.Please advice.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 1 hour later
Thanks for the query in XXXXXXX

The desire for sex (libido) decreases in the post partum period (after delivery).
After delivery, your focus shall be mainly on rearing your kid, which decreases your urge for sexual activity.

The most important sexually stimulating part of female is her Clitoris which is the female analogue of man's penis. More than 70% female gets orgasm by clitoral stimulation than vaginal stimulation.

Psychological (focus on your kid) as well as hormonal changes (Prolactin hormone secreted during breast feeding suppressess the testosterone which responsible for sexual desire as well as decreased oestrogen reduces lubrication) during post partum period shall result in decreased desire for sex as well as decreased lubrication.

Hence if you are getting orgasm by clitoral stimulation, it is well and good.

If you need more clarifications, do feel free to write to me

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine (Sexologist)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 31 years old. Have less desire for sex. What should I do? 12 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. Yes I do get orgasm by clitoral. But I want to increase my desire with sexual feeling in my breasts. Please also advice why I'm not satisfied during intercourse as this feeling was from the beginning. Please let me know if there is any such medicine I can take to increase my sexual desire.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 17 hours later
Hi there,

You need to be evaluated for hormonal profile before prescribing medications.
Sex therapy is therapeutic technique to enhance the sexual pleasure


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 31 years old. Have less desire for sex. What should I do? 13 minutes later
Thank you for your reply doctor.will this be more than 1 or 2 sittings and what kind of techniques are used. Is it safe and non painful.Also how much will it cost. And where will this be done.
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 19 hours later
Sex therapy is a type of counselling in which both you and your partner would be advised to have certain techniques to be followed at your privacy. it is done by Sex Therapist for which you need to consult one at your place. Sessions and cost depends on therapist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor