Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

30 years old diagnosed with temporomandibular joint. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 395 Questions
Who is the correct specialist to see to follow-up on a 30 year old diagnosis of TMJ. Insurance doesn't cover dental care.
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us,

I would like you to know that TMJ related problems are usually dealt by a dental specialist (oral surgeon); but as you mentioned your insurance does not cover it, therefore I will advise you to see a bone specialist (orthopaedics) or a neurologist.

The cause for TMJ pain can be a muscle, bone or nerve dysfunction.

Kindly see an orthopaedics doctor soon.

I hope this answer was useful. If you have any further queries, kindly write back.

I wish you good health...

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor