Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

3 years old child is not speaking though has sound vocabulary. Should we go for speech therapy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 66 Questions
Hello Doctor,

My son is 3 years Old and he is not speaking. Though he has a sound vocabulary he is yet to join words and speak. We were thiking whether we need to provide him with speech thearaphy. Please advise
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 29 minutes later
Hello parent,

Thank you for asking question in XXXXXXX

As you have asked your 3 year old child has not started talking as yet .Definitely it is the situation which demands investigations and advise by speech therapist and also audiologist. Even if reports are normal, you must get examined and follow the training instructions given to you by experts.

Sometimes kids are having delayed speech; but with proper training they start speaking well. So don't worry with proper scientific approach your's is going to be normal. So go and get it.

All the best and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 3 years old child is not speaking though has sound vocabulary. Should we go for speech therapy? 10 minutes later
Dear Dr. K.C Pant,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Can you suggest few speech therapists in and around Hyderabad.


Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 7 minutes later
Depending upon your locality and amount of fee, you can go to any corporate hospitals like Apollo or find out by ringing to just dial .com on 0000.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor