3 year s old with low immunity. Suggested to put tube in ear. Suggestion?

Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Question: My son is 3 and he has been seen 27x in the past year for ears throats and sinus and the past 3x with blood in his urine but the cultures come back fine we live in Japan now for the past year the military doctors aren't very good now they want to remove his tonsils Anoids and put tubes in his ears. His Iga is 100 but his iron is low and borderline Anemic now they want to test him for immune defincency What do you think
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Chronic tonsillitis and repeated ear infection are indications for tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. It is good that the doctors should be testing your son for immune deficiency.

If your son is anaemic and his iron level is low then he must be receiving iron preparations with a good multi-vitamin supplement for anaemia to be corrected and his iron reserves to improve. This may improve his immunity too.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing your son all the best.

RKK