3 weeks ago I woke up and the back of

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Sun, 3 Mar 2019 in Brain and Spine
Question: 3 weeks ago I woke up and the back of my legs were sore. They are slightly better now. At the same time I had severe pins and needles all over especially in legs and arms. My body also felt it was on fire. The pins and needles are mainly restricted to my legs and arms now
My feet are occasionally on fire now. Last night I woke up sweating and had bands of fire all over my body. Sleep is very difficult as the symptoms are worse at night.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

From the details provided you been dealing with leg pain (soreness) along with different (abnormal sensation) - paraesthesia - over the feet, legs and arms. Now, the symptoms you referred are to are not specific to a medical condition. I would only be able to arrive at a conclusive diagnosis after a detailed neurological examination and some battery of test that include complete hemogram, blood sugar, thyroid functions, serum vitamin b12, vitamin D, calcium and other micronutrients assay.

I suggest to see your primary care physician for evaluation. Specific treatment can be started after test results.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad