Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

29 year male. Having lump under nipple, sore to touch and lump changes color. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
my son is 29 and has a lump under his nipple. He has no insurance . Does he need to see the doctor?he said it changes color and is bigger then it was. it looked to be the size of a nickle to me and did not look any strange color to me.he did say it was sore at times.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations here.

I must say that the symptoms what your son reports do need to be evaluated by a physician. A thorough consultation and physical examination is necessary in this case. At some point a diagnostic evaluation may need to be performed. This may include ultrasound or possibly a mammogram.

I realize he does not have insurance but at this point we are trying to rule out anything which could be life-threatening. Breast cancer is rare in males but it does happen. It is much more common in families that have significant history of breast cancer as well so this would be important information to consider.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor