27 y/0 F numbness , difficulty walking, severe pain ,
Could be Tetany
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the brief details as you have written.
This kind of problem , in my opinion Could be due to deficiency of vitamin D and Calcium,,, magnesium or potassium. This condition is called Tetany , if my diagnosis is right.
I suggest you get tests for Blood levels of Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium and Vitamin D3.
In the meantime start calcium preparations. If all reports are normal then neurologist opinion is required.
Thanks for the Question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?