question-icon

27 y/0 F numbness , difficulty walking, severe pain ,

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2018
Question: 27 y/0 F numbness, difficulty walking, severe pain, hand curls up, pain to straighten, muscle spasms similar to seizure. MRI no tumor or MS. no lyme
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Could be Tetany

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the brief details as you have written.
This kind of problem , in my opinion Could be due to deficiency of vitamin D and Calcium,,, magnesium or potassium. This condition is called Tetany , if my diagnosis is right.
I suggest you get tests for Blood levels of Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium and Vitamin D3.
In the meantime start calcium preparations. If all reports are normal then neurologist opinion is required.
Thanks for the Question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon