Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

24 yrs old. Want to increase height. Suggest ways?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
i m 24 yrs old. right now i am 5,2 inch. is there anything that i still increase my height. thanks
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

The main hormone that influences an increase in the height of individuals is growth hormone.

Increasing height after puberty is generally possible, but the results reported have not been so good as those obtained when the intervention occurs before puberty.
However, there two main drugs that can be used after puberty, which for sure could be used in your case since you are already 24 . Positive results are noted in some patients. As I said earlier, not as much as those obtained before puberty.

These drugs are mainly doses of Growth Hormone and another hormone called the Luteinizing Hormone. These hormones when used together generally give more spectacular and appreciable results.

I would strongly suggest you consult an endocrinologist. They shall be better placed to out you on treatment, monitor evolution and side effects if any, which are generally rare and modify the doses of the drugs.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you just the best. Feel very free asking any further specific questions in case you need some clarifications.

Kind regards,

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor