Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

159 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

24 years old with less facial and moustache hair growth. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2726 Questions
i am from india and i am 24 yr of age , i have very less facial hair and moustache hair growth , hardly any. I am very much upset bcoz of it , is there any treatment available without any side effect. my testosterone level is 329 and total free teststerone level is also normal and also have good pubic hair growth, but not on chest palms and very few on legs. it is not heridetery also since my father and younger brother has good facial hairs. plz suggest me - ihave tried using testoviron depot for few months also but quit that bcoz of their side effects , read on mail.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.
As your hormone levels are normal including total, free Testosterone, estrogen etc., you need not worry about your scanty facial hair. When your father and younger brother are normal, there may still be the possibility of hereditary role with you. Your maternal side influence may be there with your genes or from some other fore parents genetic predispositions may have the influence. Nothing to worry.

If you still worry about the same, then you XXXXXXX an endocrinologist and have a check up with LH hormone which is pituitary hormone having the influence over your testis and the production of Testosterone. With his advice you can have the hormones. It will help you.

Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist