23 years old. Face looks small compare to rest body. How to increase weight?

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: im 23years old my height is 5.4 and my weight is 55kgs my face looks very small compare 2 my body size .i looks like a 17-18 years old guy .if i eat heavy fat content food to increse my weight it results in incresing of my belly .suggest me with ur answer it increase my weight and answer
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

At 23 years of age body growth stop and there is no further growth in height and shape of face. So, Your body proportions will remain stable.

The first question in your case is *what should be ideal weight for you?*

To know about ideal weight of person we use an index called BODY MASS INDEX (BMI).
BMI is calculated with the simple formula:

BMI= weight in kg/height in metre²

According to BMI we can categorise people in three categories:
•     Underweight from 16.0 to 18.5
•     Normal from 18.5 to 25
•     Overweight from 25 to 30
•     Obese from 30 onward

From above formula your BMI is= 55/(1.63)²=20.70
As your BMI is 20.70, you fall in normal category. So, there is no need to worry much for weight.

Weight is determined by many factors like: bone weight, metabolic rate and genetic reasons. Because of that many people who eat even more have low weight. However sometime it become necessary to increase weight to improve look.

Following steps will be helpful to gain weight:
•     Exercise plan: As you mention that your belly fat increases on weight gain. So, focus on muscle building. Muscles look good on fat free body and with muscle building your weight will also increase.

•     Do not worry much about weight. Target only 4-5 kg weight increment.

•     Take healthy diet. Incorporate diet with fat, eggs, rice and Dal. Never miss your food. These food items will help you in muscle building by providing protein and vitamins.

•     It is better to maintain diet chart by simply daily food intake items in diary. Also calculate your calorie intake (take help of net to calculate calorie of individual food article) from that diary and take around 3000 k cal per day.

•     Do not try to increase weight very fast as it is harmful to health.

•     Drugs are helpful but personally I do not favoured them because of side effects and interaction with other body functions.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.

Dr Ashish XXXXXXX Mittal
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 24 minutes later
hello sir,
-> can i go for any powders like "nutrigain",etc for my body size growth?
->to increase face size i heard tat there is some face exercises can i try tat?
->to increase height i heard ter is some powder/drug "stepup body growth formula" can i try tat?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 7 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Ans: I would not prefer health supplement. Choose natural diet like fruits, eggs and milk.

Ans: At 23 years of age body growth stop and there is no further growth in height and shape of face. So, Your body proportions will remain stable. Some fat can increase on face after gaining weight but bony structures will remain same. After 20 years of age bone stop growing and height can not be increased with any growth formula.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 44 hours later
hello sir i had one more question,
when i had a blow job with my girl friend and after releasing of sperms and after some time i feel severe pain of my testis and after 2 or 3 hours i feel normal .please suggest me what to do?
thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Go smooth and gentle during act.
It is better to Ultrasound of Scrotum to rule out any structural anomaly leading to pain.

Wish you good health.
Regards.