23 year old daughter diagnosed from scan with narrowing of
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I understand your concern and would explain that this narrowing of the renal artery could be the cause of her arterial hypertension.
Coming to this point, besides anti-hypertensive therapy, stenting of the narrow renal artery may be attempted in order to help lower blood pressure values without the need of medication or help reduce the dose of anti-hypertensive drugs.
For this reason, I would recommend consulting with a vascular surgeon and discuss the possibility of stent implantation in this narrow artery.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?