21 years old keep fainting. Should I consult a doctor?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: this question is about my wife she is turning 21 next month and she keeps fainting ruffly once a week. she tells me that its no big deal and its not as bad as it used to be. she told me she used to faint once a day but she says thats because she wasnt eating properly. should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Fainting is a definite pointer to see a doctor.
It should not be simply attributed to ‘not eating properly’.
Even if that is true, it is wiser to be investigated as to why that should be.

She needs to be examined by a Neurologist.
There are several causes – from simple anaemia to some form of seizures (Epilepsy)

Most of them could be managed easily.
It is wiser to make sure that curable disease is not missed.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck