Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

21 years old keep fainting. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
this question is about my wife she is turning 21 next month and she keeps fainting ruffly once a week. she tells me that its no big deal and its not as bad as it used to be. she told me she used to faint once a day but she says thats because she wasnt eating properly. should i be worried?
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Fainting is a definite pointer to see a doctor.
It should not be simply attributed to ‘not eating properly’.
Even if that is true, it is wiser to be investigated as to why that should be.

She needs to be examined by a Neurologist.
There are several causes – from simple anaemia to some form of seizures (Epilepsy)

Most of them could be managed easily.
It is wiser to make sure that curable disease is not missed.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor